Geno/Grinder 2010, 115V/60Hz, CE Approved
Contact us for Pricing: (877) 567-3598 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Geno/Grinder® - Automated Tissue Homogenizer and Cell Lyser
The Geno/Grinder® is an automated high-throughput plant & animal tissue homogenizer and cell lyser. It is equipped with an adjustable clamp that accommodates a full range of sample vials from 2mL to 50mL centrifuge tubes or up to six deep-well titer plates. It is specifically designed for rapid cell disruption, cell lysis and tissue homogenization through bead beating. This enables fast and efficient extraction of nucleic acids, proteins and other molecules. The new model Geno/Grinder incorporates a password protected, touch screen control panel, enabling the user to program run time, rate, cycles and pause time.
A full range of Kryotech® accessories are available to preserve temperature sensitive samples such as proteins and RNA. The Geno/Grinder is also recognized as an excellent automatic axial extractor. It is the ideal tool for the QuEChERS method used for extracting pesticide residues and other organic compounds.
The Geno/Grinder enables increased throughput, improved extraction efficiency and reproducibility over traditional sample preparation methods. A full range of pre-loaded sample vials for different sample types is also available for fast and simple set up.
Applications include: Tissue Homogenization, DNA/RNA Research and extraction, Cell Lysis, Pesticide Residue Extraction, Protein Extraction, Biofuel research and QuEChERS.
Typical samples include: Animal tissue, Plant Tissue, Cell cultures, Fruit, Cannabis, Seeds, Yeast and Bacteria.
The Geno/Grinder® used for Plant & Tissue Homogenizing and Cell Lysis
The Geno/Grinder is specifically designed for vigorous up-and-down shaking of deep well titer plates or sample tubes up to 50mL. It provides an efficient mechanism for plant and animal tissue homogenization or cell lysis for the extraction of DNA, RNA, enzymes, proteins and pesticides. Cryogenic accessories allow the user to homogenize temperature sensitive or tough samples.
- Automated mechanical disruption through bead beating, ideal for high-throughput cell lysis applications including DNA/ RNA extraction, protein extraction and pesticide residue analysis.
- Programmable touch screen control panel for run time, rate, cycles and pause time. Up to 500 protocols can be saved for recall.
- Designed for vigorous up-and-down shaking of deep-well titer plates, vial sets, and centrifuge tubes.
- Optional Kryo-Tech Accessories enable cryogenic grinding and preserve temperature sensitive samples for RNA and protein extractions.
- Adjustable clamp with a release button that allows users to secure vials or titer plates of various sizes.
- Typical sample processing time of 1-2 minutes.
|Clamp Movement||1.25in (3.2cm) vertical|
|Clamp Speed||Adjustable from 500-1750 strokes/minute|
|Timer||Digital display in Minutes:Seconds (max 20:00)|
|USB port||Run history is recorded and can be exported|
|Dimensions||14.00 in (35.6 cm) wide x 22.5 in. (57.2 cm) deep x 28 in.(71.1 cm) high|
|Net Weight (lbs)||100 lbs (45.5kg)|
|Power Cord||3-prong grounded plug, 115V 60Hz.|