3M Petrifilm Rapid Yeast and Mold Count Plate (RYM) (50 Plates/Case)$103.47
- Yeast and mold results in 48-60 hours.
- Plates are sample-ready, eliminating the time-consuming, cumbersome step of preparing media/agar dishes.
- This plate has been awarded Official Methods of Analysis (OMA) #2014.05 and NF VALIDATION certificate: 3M 01/13-07/14 by AFNOR Certification.
- 3M™ Petrifilm™ Plates use 75% less energy, use 79% less water, produce 75% less greenhouse gases and result in 66% less waste (by weight and volume) compared to competitive agar methods.
- Companies worldwide trust 3M Petrifilm Plates to provide accurate, efficient, consistent results.
The 3M™ Petrifilm™ Rapid Yeast and Mold Count Plate method is faster and easier than the traditional agar method that requires a five-day incubation period.
Yeast and molds can grow in a wide range of conditions in raw materials, finished products and production environments, making them difficult to control. The 3M™ Petrifilm™ Rapid Yeast and Mold Count Plate method is faster and easier than the traditional agar method that requires a five-day incubation period. This plate features a new indicator technology that makes colonies easier to interpret. This sample-ready-culture-medium system provides results in as little as 48 hours of incubation time.
Proven as reliable as the DRBC and DG-18 spread plate methods as well as the acidified PDA and YGC agar pour plate methods, 3M Petrifilm Rapid Yeast and Mold Count Plates also enhance productivity by eliminating the inoculation of multiple spread plates, the addition of antibiotics or tartaric acid, and the agar preparation process altogether. Faster results provide more time to monitor processes and ensure tighter process controls along with a higher quality product.
Three Easy Steps Offer Fast, Easy-to-Interpret Results:*
- 1) Inoculate - 3M Petrifilm Aerobic Count Plates are easy to inoculate. Lift the top film and add sample.
- 2) Incubate - The space saving design minimizes incubator space requirements.
- 3) Interpret - Count the colonies.
*Refer to instructions for use for additional information, and more details on validations.
More Benefits with 3M Petrifilm Rapid Yeast and Mold Count Plates
- Easy to use: Added foam barrier around the inoculation area makes inoculating the plates easier
- Easy to interpret: Special technology keeps mold colonies from spreading and overlapping
- Broad food performance: Can be used with both low and high water activity foods
- Proven reliability: Versus DRBC, DG-18, acidified PDA and YGC agar methods
- Labor saving: Eliminates the need for the labor intensive, multiple plate spread plate technique
- Versatile: Can also be used for air, swab or surface contact environmental sampling
- Fast Results: Provides results in as little as 48 hours of incubation time
The 3M Petrifilm Plate Advantage
In today’s environment of heightened focus on food safety and increasingly stringent quality requirements, labs are under pressure to provide tests that are fast, reliable and consistently accurate. 3M Petrifilm Plates have demonstrated consistent performance that has been cited globally with more than 200 certificates, recognitions, validations, and peer-review publications. For more than 30 years, food safety professionals around the world have put their trust in 3M Petrifilm Plates. That’s because 3M Petrifilm Plates have streamlined, standardized and simplified the process of microbial quantitative indicator testing, improving productivity and helping ensure the highest levels of product quality.